GridGraph Penalty + Local Avoidance + FleePath?

Hey,

it seems that GridGraph + Node Penalties are not combinable with Local Avoidance and/or FleePath. Is this correct? Is there a way to do this? Otherwise I’d be limited to using GridGraph + Penalties and spending 100$ on the Pro version was pointless :frowning:

Thanks!

Oh, and also Raycast Smoothing seems to ignore penalties :frowning:

The FleePath should definitely use penalties. Local avoidance however is pretty separate from pathfinding. Local avoidance cares, as the name implies, only about very local information. Penalties require something a bit more long term to actually make use of it. That’s why you usually combine pathfinding and local avoidance to get the best of both.

Yeah. That is something that is on my TODO list though. I agree that it is not optimal that it ignores penalties.

Any ETA on Raycast Modifier with penalties? I thought the Use Graph Raycasting option would do that?

Oh and sorry - I meant FloodPath, not FleePath

FloodPath should also support penalties. If you are modifying the penalties during runtime you will have to request a new FloodPath to take them into account as FloodPathTracer paths only use the cached information from when the FloodPath was calculated.

Sorry, not right now. You can try using the FunnelModifier instead as that will only simplify the path while ensuring that the path stays within the nodes that the path traversed.