Graph is calculated however path failed

As you can see my graph seems to be scanned correctly with the green area.

Now i want to make my humanoid walk towards a position (displayed with a star).

However when i start my scene i get the following error:

Path Number 1 (unique id)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
AstarPath:LogPathResults(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:774)
AstarPath:m__2(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1180)
Pathfinding.PathProcessor:CalculatePathsThreaded(PathThreadInfo) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:378)
Pathfinding.c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:95)

Here is an image of my settings:

And i have made sure that my Terrain have the tag “Terrain”

Can anyone tell me what ive done wrong?

Hi

I think you forgot the start of the log message.

Couldn’t find a close node to the end point
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Pathfinding.Path:LogError(String) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Path.cs:413)
Pathfinding.ABPath:Prepare() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Pathfinders/ABPath.cs:362)
Pathfinding.Path:Pathfinding.IPathInternals.Prepare() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Path.cs:790)
Pathfinding.PathProcessor:CalculatePathsThreaded(PathThreadInfo) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:317)
Pathfinding.c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:95)

Path Failed : Computation Time 0.000 ms Searched Nodes 0
Error:
Path Number 2 (unique id)
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
AstarPath:LogPathResults(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:774)
AstarPath:m__2(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1180)
Pathfinding.PathProcessor:CalculatePathsThreaded(PathThreadInfo) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:378)

Hi

Are you sure the endpoint of the path request is actually at that star?
Have you changed A* Inspector -> Settings -> Max Nearest Node Distance to some low value perhaps?

Okay so changing the Max Nearest node did help a bit however now my character walks in a very odd way. could you explain this variable?

Also is there a way that I can make sure that the endpoint is always on the ground (meaning accessible) in a terrain this can be very difficult to see?

Maybe you want to use the FunnelModifier. Pathfinding is done on node centers, however usually you don’t want the character to follow that path. On navmesh/recast graphs you pretty much always want to use the funnel modifier.
See also https://arongranberg.com/astar/documentation/dev_4_1_6_17dee0ac/modifiers.php

Could you elaborate on this? I’m not quite sure what you mean.