Errors when running(Built game)

Version: 4.2.17(latest stable version)

I am getting errors after building and running the game.
Note: It runs fine if I run it in editor mode.

Here are some of the errors:

(Filename: G:/NOYB 2021 AStar/Assets/NOYB/Scripts/Object/Transition/TransitionFacade.cs Line: 177)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh.OnLatePostScan () [0x000ba] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\RVO\RVONavmesh.cs:66
at Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh.OnGraphsPostUpdate () [0x00001] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\RVO\RVONavmesh.cs:46
at Pathfinding.GraphModifier.TriggerEvent (Pathfinding.GraphModifier+EventType type) [0x000ed] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\Misc\GraphModifier.cs:80
at Pathfinding.WorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItems (System.Boolean force) [0x001b3] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\Misc\WorkItemProcessor.cs:328
at AstarPath.PerformBlockingActions (System.Boolean force) [0x0003e] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\AstarPath.cs:881
at AstarPath.Update () [0x00029] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\AstarPath.cs:864

(Filename: G:/NOYB 2021 AStar/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/RVO/RVONavmesh.cs Line: 66)

Exception: Processing work items recursively. Please do not wait for other work items to be completed inside work items. If you think this is not caused by any of your scripts, this might be a bug.
at Pathfinding.WorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItems (System.Boolean force) [0x001ee] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\Misc\WorkItemProcessor.cs:336
at AstarPath.PerformBlockingActions (System.Boolean force) [0x0003e] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\AstarPath.cs:881
at AstarPath.Update () [0x00029] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\AstarPath.cs:864

(Filename: G:/NOYB 2021 AStar/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/WorkItemProcessor.cs Line: 336)

Exception: Processing work items recursively. Please do not wait for other work items to be completed inside work items. If you think this is not caused by any of your scripts, this might be a bug.
at Pathfinding.WorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItems (System.Boolean force) [0x001ee] in G:\NOYB 2021 AStar\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Core\Misc\WorkItemProcessor.cs:336

(Filename: G:/NOYB 2021 AStar/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/WorkItemProcessor.cs Line: 336)

Please help me to fix it so I can test a build. Thanks.

Hi

I’m not sure why that would happen. Though in general, I would recommend against using the RVONavmesh component (which seems to be the source of this). The results were never that great, and it will be deprecated in favor of a better solution in a future version.

I’m very confused by your reply.
Your “RVO” example scene is using the “RVONavmesh” component.
But you are telling me not to use it.
So in it’s current state A* pathfinding doesn’t support a built project if you use RVO?
Or RVO still works without the “RVONavmesh” component?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

Hmm, yes it might still be the case that the non-beta uses the RVONavmesh component. I should remove it…
I’m not sure why it gives a null ref exception, though. It should work just fine, just not have particularly good performance. Would it be possible to post the exact line which is throwing the error?

Yes, it works just fine without that component. The RVONavmesh component is only for making agents avoid the walls of the navmesh in addition to other agents.