Errors after upgrading Unity

Hi, I just upgraded Unity from 2019.3.0f3 to 2019.3.4f1 and my console is now flooded with those errors:

Clicking on the errors does not select anything in the hierarchy. I’ve tried to recalculate the graph (which seems to work normally) but that doesn’t solve the onslaught of errors. Could anyone help, please?

Jietu20200310-162050

try use Burst with 1.2.3 and Entities with 0.6.0

that’s work for me.:grinning:

Hi

You can download the latest version here which fixes this issue: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download.
An asset store update was submitted about two weeks ago, but it’s still waiting in Unity’s review queue…

Thanks Aron, installing the latest stable version did the trick.

I also installed Burst and Entities, not sure how important that is…

1 Like

Burst and Entities are not used by the package (unless you are on the beta version).

Good to know, thanks!

Aron I am running Unity 2019.3.3f1, Burst 1.2.3, and Entities 0.7.0 and in a clean project with just AStarPathfindingProject 4.3.14 and I am getting the following error. |Severity|Code|Description|Project|File|Line|Suppression State| |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| |Error|CS1061|'UnsafeAppendBuffer' does not contain a definition for 'Size' and no accessible extension method 'Size' accepting a first argument of type 'UnsafeAppendBuffer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)|ALINE|C:\Unity\AStarTest\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs|146|Active|

|Severity|Code|Description|Project|File|Line|Suppression State| |---|---|---|---|---|---|---| |Error|CS1061|'UnsafeAppendBuffer' does not contain a definition for 'Size' and no accessible extension method 'Size' accepting a first argument of type 'UnsafeAppendBuffer' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)|ALINE|C:\Unity\AStarTest\Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\DrawingData.cs|196|Active|

Anyone else?

Same issue here Garry_Clark. I was just inquiring about it yesterday, but then I had to go to work. Still having the issue. I’ve even tried it in a completely different project and get the same problem in the Drawing folder.

I’ve managed to reproduce the issue.
It seems like the Unity collections package version 0.6.0 introduced a backwards incompatible change.
You can downgrade to a version earlier than that and it will (hopefully) work. I will release a fix for this soon.

Similar issues here. I can mess around with the various package versions and finally get something that runs in the editor. However, I am never able to complete a build - IL2CPP compile errors at the very end. Once you have this sorted out I am hoping you can confirm a test build ok on your end. Also will help if you can provide the 4 package versions you used. Thanks.

Hi

i can succeed compile both IOS and Android with IL2CPP. what error did you get?

My Env:

Unity: 2019.3.3f1
A* : 4.3.14
Entities: 0.6.0
Burst: 1.2.3
not install collections

Hope it can help.

I have now uploaded beta version 4.3.15 which fixes the Unity collections 0.6.0 incompatibility issue.

@aron_granberg just wanted to confirm the latest version fixes my issues. Thank you for suck a quick turn around

1 Like

I just bought this asset and am having the same issue using the latest version of Unity. Clicking that download link ( https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download ) asks me for credentials, what am I supposed to login with?

Thanks

@lilchim
You use your invoice number. See the form at the top of the page.