Cooperative Pathfinding Update?

Hi

If I have time, I am going to work on that during this summer, however right now there is nothing in the main package.
@sami14321 I have sent you PM with a link to a preview version of the cooperative pathfinding code I created for another user earlier this year. It includes the scene for the demo shown in the video.

Thank you very much, I hope to see this feature make it to the main package as it would really set this asset apart from other AI assets.

Hey, @aron_granberg I’m also interested in the cooperative pathfinding, could I get a PM with a link to the preview version as well?
I would really appreciate it!

@martinjonsson01 I have sent you a link

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Can I also get a link?

@TCarter I have sent you a link.

Hi Aron, could I also get a link to the co-op preview please?

Cheers!

Hi

You can find it on this page: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download.
Click on ‘Show Older Versions’. There is one branch called ‘cooperative’.

Hi, I downloaded that previously but couldn’t see the Coop scene in the examples :\ Am I missing something obvious?

Just bumping this :slight_smile:

Hi

Sorry for the late response. I have uploaded a cooperative version based on 4.1.13 here https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download (click the show older versions button and download the topmost ‘cooperative’ version).
The example scene should be in ExampleScenes/Example18_Cooperative/Cooperative.unity.

Cheers Aron, that’s great!

• Richie

I can see the time-based visualisation running but the agents are rooted to the spot. Is there a debug flag set someplace?

Weird. For me everything is working just by pressing play.

It doesn’t work on mine either. I see the visualizers running but nothing actually moves. I poked around and couldn’t see any obvious reason why it isn’t working.

Hi,

I believe the problem is in these two places:

AICooperative.cs

NotImplementedException below

void IAstarAI.Teleport (Vector3 newPosition, bool clearPath) {
throw new System.NotImplementedException();
/if (clearPath) seeker.CancelCurrentPathRequest();
//agent.Teleport(newPosition);
UpdatePosition();
SearchPath();
/
}

CooperativeContext.cs

Because IAgent has no definition or implementation for Teleport.

Any chance of this being looked at?

Cheers!

@aron_granberg ? :wink:

Sorry I’m trying to not be a jerk here… am I doing something wrong? Is anyone getting notified of these? @aron_granberg @richieturner @Fuzzy

Thx

@schmoey Well I am :slight_smile:
I hope @aron_granberg will get this feature to the stable release, it’s so cool and useful and really sets this pathfinding apart from the others.