Connecting 2D Grid graphs automatically

Hi everyone. We bought PRO version and are actually working on a 2D topview game where we are handling many graphs at the same time!

Captura

Is possible to autolink these graphs all together? Or we need to do it manually using NodeLinks?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hey,

There currently isn’t an official way to automatically link these together,
If all your graphs are on the same ‘height’ it shouldn’t be too hard for you to write a little script that finds ‘overlapping’ graph nodes and place the node links.

Alternatively there is tool ported to AStar that can place nodelinks automatic, though I’m not sure it would do what you’d want it to do in this case. You can check it out here:

Hi

Usually I recommend just using one big grid graph. In your case it will not use that much more memory and the performance difference will not be very large either (I’d expect negligible for pathfinding).

We were thinking about writing our own tool to merge GridGraphs, but we were hoping that there was already a way to do it.

Regarding the tool we didn’t know about it but we’re going to take a look at it this weekend and post news on Monday.

Thank you! : )

1 Like