Compiler Errors after Importing

Hi there,

I’ve just imported the package and I’m getting 2 compiler errors:

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIPath.cs(315,68): error CS1061: Type CharacterController' does not contain a definition forheight’ and no extension method height' of typeCharacterController’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIPath.cs(332,36): error CS1061: Type CharacterController' does not contain a definition forSimpleMove’ and no extension method SimpleMove' of typeCharacterController’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Because of this I can’t add a Pathfinding Component to any Game Objects and, of course, can’t run my project.

Does anyone know why it’s expecting me to have these already in my CharacterController script and how I can solve this issue?

Cheers.

Hi

The CharacterController is a built in unity class. If you have a script with the same same it will cause naming conflicts with it. I strongly suggest that you do not name your classes the same as the unity built in classes.
So to fix it you need to either rename your script is put it inside a namespace.