Colliding two gameobjects moved by RichAI

No it says 5.96…e-[some digits I cannot see]. Which very likely means something like 5.96e-7 which is 0.000000596. So very close to zero.

yeah you’re right, it’s pretty close to zero. If I set it manually to say 10, and press scan, it scans and the mesh appears (although it looks like it’s missing a graphic reference and it defaults to pink material). Initially my size is 100, 40, 100. When I start the game, I execute this code

void MakePathfinding()
{
	ObjectManager.instance.recastGRAPH.SnapForceBoundsToScene ();
	ObjectManager.instance.aStarPath.Scan();						//scans the level to create pathfinding
}

Which worked well before. Now the SnapForceBoundsToScene seems to be bugging out and thus it defaults to that minuscule value. I think it’s that because when I manually set height to higher value, the length and width aren’t matching the level

Ok. Would it be possible for you to share your project with me so I could debug why that height value isn’t being correctly set?

To fix it for now you should be able to run

ObjectManager.instance.recastGRAPH.forcedBoundsSize.y = 10;

right after you call SnapForceBoundsToScene().

It’s 2.8 Gigs. I’ll try uploading it on GDrive.
The forcedBoundsSize.y won’t help since I need the whole recast graph to snap to my level, and it’s not doing that. If meanwhile you have some more ideas on what I should try, I’ll do that since uploading this project will take some time and I’d like to save your time and mine if possible

Do you mean the width and depth are incorrect as well? If you just change the y coordinate that should not change the width or depth of the graph.

yeah as you can see in the image above, it rendered only half of the level, meaning width and depth must be off as well

But size.z=90 and if your initial size was 100 it seems it should cover most of the level. It should be drawing a white wire cube around the graph, can you see it?

Do you have a skype account? Maybe we could continue the discussion there?

the initial settings don’t matter because I’m calling SnapForceBoundsToScene and that will change that size. I mentioned it so explain that originally the height is more than the value close to zero, it seems that SnapForceBoundsToScene is the one setting it to that value.

I know the white box, it used to appear before the upgrade and that would represent the bounds. It’s not present currently.
Take a look:

The summary of the call:

I updated the project with the latest revision that Aron sent me.
Over our Skype call we found a small bug in how the scan was taking into account the bounding box. We fixed that and the level was generating fully again. After that, I tried putting CharacterController again and the behavior was much better due to the update. The pink thing is a missing shader which Aron is going to fix in the next release (we did a temporary workaround).

2 Likes