calculatePartial and tags does not seem to work together

Someone asked about a similar issue but it was from a thread a while ago, so I thought I should post a new topic. Here is the old post.

My setup: 2D, grid, aiLerp

What I have is basically a room surrounded by unwalkable walls (nodes) and a door that utilizes a tag to prevent path calculation for players, but not for npcs (as you recommended in some other post I read).

Things seem okay until I enable ABPath.calculatePartial, which causes the agent to walk through just walk through the walls (unwalkable nodes). I tried numerous combination of PathNNConstraints and StartEnd modifiers, but nothing works.

Do you have any pointers how to make this work? Also, is calculatePartial a supported feature now? I know some posts mentioned that it was an alpha thing, but those were from 5-6 years ago.

Edit: note that when I replace the door with a wall (unwalkable) then it calculates a partial path to the edge of the wall just fine.

Thank you!

Sounds like a “Pick Next Waypoint Distance” problem. Check out this video (link to specific time in the video where this is discussed.

Jacob