Better way to present RVOLayer

RVOLayer is a hard-coded enum in RVOCoreSimulatorBurst.cs. It’s hard to remember actual types of objects by using Layer2, Layer3… I usually patch that file with meaningful names but have to repeat myself each time the APP (AstarPathfindingProject) gets updated. If I’m using the UPM format of APP, it’s even impossible to do that because a package is immutable.

I would like to purpose a way to define layer names (save to a config file) and use that to present layers in the inspector window of RVOController.

i think if the free version was on github it would be easier for people to understand the changes.

personally i’ve been working with the free version 2.16 for a while and didn’t update because i’ve changed some scripts to fit my needs so doing that all over again is kind of a hassle

@pieer it will only possible if the free version is published under an open-source license.

Based on the README,

The license is the AssetStore Free License and the AssetStore Commercial License respectively for the Free and Pro versions of the project.

You agree that Unity and/or third parties own all right, title and interest in and to the Unity Asset Store and the Assets available through the Unity Asset Store, including without limitation all applicable Intellectual Property Rights in the Unity Asset Store and Assets. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all intellectual property rights wherever in the world and whenever arising (and including any application), including patent laws, copyright, trade secrets, know-how, confidential information, business names and domain names, computer programs, trademark laws, service marks, trade names, utility models, design rights, semi-conductor topography rights, database rights, goodwill or rights to sue for passing off, and any and all other proprietary rights worldwide. You agree that you will not, and will not allow any third party to,

(i) copy, sell, license, distribute, transfer, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Unity Asset Store or the Assets, unless otherwise permitted,

So basically you can not distribute the source code that licensed under the “AssetStore Free License”, unless the author otherwise permitted it. Sharing source code with your free open-source project is not allowed, such as https://git.mif.vu.lt/agbu5442/projektas/-/tree/master/dziun/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject