Beginner question

Hi, I started using your plugins which is really great. However I have a question about the graphs. I have a terrain procedural mesh, I use the layered graph that I scan at each big displacement of the player as in your example. It works very well but I can not increase the size of the graph (130 * 130, node 4) because it causes a bad result. My question how to manage bigger graph? to use several graph?

Hi

What do you mean by “causes a bad result”?

Thank you for the quick answer, if I increase the size, it will cause holes in the calculation of the ground

Could you show a screeenshot of this?
By size, do you mean the width/depth of the graph (in nodes) or the node size?

I increased the size to 300 * 300 for the test, the settings of the AstarPatch are visible on the screen.

Hi

If your ground is at exactly y=79, it might not see it due to floating point errors. Try to move the graph down a bit?

79 corresponds to the height where the oceans begin, I did the test of lowering it does not regulate the worries. I thought it was collider of my terrain but the size of the holes do not match the size of my mesh

How does it look with a lower resolution? Also you could try shifting your graph by say 0.5 units along the x and y axes. I remember at some point at least terrains had issues with raycasts very close to the boundaries between two terrains (not sure if you are using multiple terrains though).

I added an offset on your proceduralgridmover script of 0.5 and lowered the resolution, here is a screen of the result. I feel that the more I increase the number of nodes, the more holes are present

Hi

Do the holes appear when you just scan the graph, or only when you move the graph around using the procedural grid mover?

it only happens when I use the graphmover, ok I think it starts calculating before my mesh collider is activated, so that parts of the mesh collider are not calculated

That seems like a very likely cause. You would have to make sure that the whole region inside the grid graph bounds have valid colliders, otherwise you will get many errors like these.