Aline seems to require multiple versions of Burst simultaneously

Edit/Update: After forced updating of Collections and Burst, this might be fixed. I don’t have time to thoroughly test now. Please don’t downgrade project dependencies!!! All I needed was to follow my raycast with a drawn line, and figured I might as well use Aline since I have plans requiring I learn it anyway. That’s too simple, and shouldn’t have called for such a detour. (sorry to gripe hope your day is awesome)

I’ve been keeping my project up to date with the latest pre-release versions of Entities, Burst, and Hybrid Renderer. Upon importing Aline, I get this error:

An error occurred while resolving packages:
Package com.unity.dots.editor@0.6.0-preview has invalid dependencies:
com.unity.burst: Resolved version [1.3.0-preview.7] does not satisfy requested version [1.3.0-preview.10]
Package com.unity.entities@0.10.0-preview.6 has invalid dependencies:
com.unity.burst: Resolved version [1.3.0-preview.7] does not satisfy requested version [1.3.0-preview.9]
com.unity.collections: Resolved version [0.7.0-preview.2] does not satisfy requested version [0.8.0-preview.5]
Package com.unity.jobs@0.2.9-preview.15 has invalid dependencies:
com.unity.collections: Resolved version [0.7.0-preview.2] does not satisfy requested version [0.8.0-preview.5]

So, it seems I need .2, .5, .7, .9, and .10 simultaneously. Is there a way to just make this work with the latest version or do I now need to recreate my whole project and request a refund? Sorry to be to the point, but this just ate all of my time for development today and now I have to go carry my bodyweight thirty miles without having gotten anything done. Not happy.

Hi

I’m sorry you had to go through all that trouble.
It sounds like you might have had a forced version set in your manifest file which prevented Unity from resolving the dependencies in the right way.
The Unity package manager dependency resolution is really shitty unfortunately. My package provides Unity with the minimum versions of dependencies it requires to work, but there are unfortunately still so many ways that dependencies can break due to seemingly reasonable user actions. I hope they improve the UI and function for it soon, but at the moment it is (as far as I know) not possible for me to do anything to improve the situation.