A*Pathfinding Project doesn't work on 2018.3.0b12

Hi, the project doesn’t seem to work on latest unity beta version, when you open a Astar Path component :confused:

Any workaround available ?

(Im using latest pro version of the project 4.2.3)

EDIT:
Actually, I just tried on blank project, and there’s different issue:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for reporting this. I will investigate.

I’m getting a different set of errors though it could be because I’m new to A Star…

[CompilerError] 'ABPath' does not contain a definition for 'duration'
Compiler Error at Assets/NodeCanvasAddons/AstarPathfinding/Extensions/PathExtensions.cs:13 column 17

[CompilerError] 'Path' does not contain a definition for 'duration' and no accessible extension method 'duration' accepting a first argument of type 'Path' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error at Assets/NodeCanvasAddons/AstarPathfinding/Extensions/PathExtensions.cs:13 column 40

[CompilerError] 'Path' does not contain a definition for 'pathID' and no accessible extension method 'pathID' accepting a first argument of type 'Path' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error at Assets/NodeCanvasAddons/AstarPathfinding/Decorators/IteratePathVectors.cs:94 column 71

That last error also exists for lines 95, 110 and 111.

Also…

[CompilerError] 'GraphNode' does not contain a definition for 'RecalculateConnectionCosts' and no accessible extension method 'RecalculateConnectionCosts' accepting a first argument of type 'GraphNode' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error at Assets/NodeCanvasAddons/AstarPathfinding/Actions/Nodes/RecalculateNodeConnectionCostsAction.cs:19 column 24

[CompilerError] 'GraphNode' does not contain a definition for 'Destroy' and no accessible extension method 'Destroy' accepting a first argument of type 'GraphNode' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error at Assets/NodeCanvasAddons/AstarPathfinding/Actions/Nodes/DestroyNodeAction.cs:19 column 24

Cheers!

Those errors I’m getting in 2018.3b12 might be related to something else though, as I’m also using NodeCanvas. So probably due to the fact some variables are now internal: NodeCanvas integrations

UPDATE: Can successfully build in 2018.3b12 if I change a few variables from internal to public and comment out one line. Not exactly sure what nefarious impact that might have though.

Hi,

I think the OP’s issues are not related to the NodeCanvas integration, but you’rs certainly are. There is a newer package which we have preview versions of (which were handed out to the guy in the other thread), was hoping Aron could confirm the questions in the other thread before we push out the new version to the asset store.

This being said its been a few days now and the other consumer seems happy enough with the actions, we we will discuss today about pushing the preview version out as a new release and if we have made any incorrect assumptions we can release a fix, at least that way people dont get a broken set of actions :frowning:

If you want the preview version in the meantime contact our support (info on asset store)

1 Like

@Immudelki I cannot replicate the first issue. For me it works just fine in 2018.3.0b12. Are you using any special build options or platform?
The second issue looks like the package was imported incorrectly. Are you sure you imported the right package?
You can try downloading version 4.2.4 (just uploaded here https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download), that one works fine for me at least.

Tried to reimport the package and few times and now it works, weird as it was the same package all along 8/. Anyway.
For 2018.3.0.b12 no more issue either after reimporting the library… Even though it was a blank project in the first place 8/

Okay. Nothing more to see here then. Sorry for bother.

1 Like