A* 3.8.10 saving navmesh to file

Hi,

I am using:
Unity3d 5.6.1f1

and A* 3.8.10

When i try and save a navmesh to file i get the following error, this also happens when i press generate cache.

has anyone seen this before?

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Collections.Stack.Pop () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:329)
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:323)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.EndVertical () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:322)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.EndVertical () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7310)
Pathfinding.EditorGUILayoutx.EndFadeArea () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/EditorGUIx.cs:258)
AstarPathEditor.DrawSerializationSettings () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:1074)
AstarPathEditor.DrawMainArea () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:545)
AstarPathEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:303)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1229)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Hi

That’s nothing to worry about. I think it is caused by showing a progress bar or a dialog window in some cases. I haven’t been able to work around it unfortunately. It will not cause any issues whatsoever except that error message.

Cool, thanks Aron, I saw it had no impact on the path-finding and diving into the bug it looks like an issue with some hidden dialog appearing in unity.

I did revert to an older version that doesn’t have the issue, i think it was 3.8.2 Pro.

If i where to upgrade to a new version, i see that it complains that i am using old graph data from a previous version. Is this really bad ? I have scanned and saved all my graphs to file and dont want to go back through this again as there was 128 graphs.

Usually it is not a problem. I try to make sure everything is backwards compatible. If there is a case where it is not backwards compatible I it will say in an ‘Upgrade Notes’ section in the changelog: https://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/changelog.php.